Monday, May 25, 2009

So long, and thanks for all the smores!



Spent my Memorial Day weekend at the Beach (no, we don't call it the shore.) I saw a lot of cute pups on the boardwalk and Melissa ate an ice cream flavor called "better than sex." I wore a 2 piece and now my belly is tan. I have sunburn on my shoulders, with secret freckles spreading across my nose that were long forgotten. We saw a car full of mexicans singing opera. My grandmother's cat ate a dryer sheet. I went waist deep into the Atlantic. Found old friends on the boardwalk and invited them back to our camp ground to eat gooey smores and confess "where's the strangest place you've ever had sex," mine wasn't very strange. Learned what "Sussex county mentality" truly is. The locals at Holly Lake liked to chill on the swings with a big boom box and a flashlight at night. I shaved my legs in a public shower house. The sun sucked the life out of me. I didn't eat any boardwalk fries or go on any rides, I did not buy a hermit crab. I found sand in my bellybutton and I'm missing the breeze from the ocean already.

Here's a lil' beachy mix I made while laying out Friday.

No comments: