Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's bound to melt your heart


I pretty much stole this idea from my future wife Becca. She wrote an entry on her top favorite love songs, but for me I can't just chose "love songs" since there are about 500 different aspects of love songs (IMO.) I mean you've got unrequited love, lost love, found love, true love. lost and found love. etc. So whatever, here's a little compilation of my favorite "LOVE ETC" songs. Enjoy blogger world.


love songs

1. Passionate - Kind of Like Spitting
2. William, It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
3. Silver Lining - Rilo Kiley
4. Goodnight and Go - Imogen Heap
5. I'll Love you More Than You'll Ever Know - Blood Sweat and Tears
6. Marie - Kevin Devine
7. Blue in the Face - Alkaline Trio
8. Talk Tonight - Oasis
9. At Your Most Beautiful - Last Days of April
10. Innocent Vigilant Ordinary - The Appleseed Cast
11. Album of the Year - The Good Life
12. Landlocked Blues - Bright Eyes
13. Autumn Sweater - Yo La Tengo
14. Hope for Us - The Jealous Sound
15. Wild Horses - The Sundays
16. Fade into you - Mazzy Star
17. Cry baby Cry - The Beatles
18. Calculation Theme - Metric
19. Your Ex-Love is Dead - Stars
20. A minor incident - Badly Drawn Boy
21. One Summer Last Fall - Jets to Brazil
22. Twin Falls - Built to Spill
23. Ten Cent Blues - Eisley
24. Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss - Brad Zefferen
25. Linger - Cranberries
26. My Heart is an Apple - The Arcade Fire
27. You Are what You Love - Jenny Lewis
28. Arizona - Pedro the Lion
29. Positive Tension - Bloc Party
30. Josephine - The Magnetic Fields
31. New England Sunrise - DieradioDie
32. Don't Leave the Light on Baby - Belle & Sebastian

I know I know, it's a long ass play list but trust me narrowing it down to just 32 songs was excruciatingly hard. I am deeply and ridiculously emotionally rooted to every single one of these songs. Some of these tracks have literally been following me around since I was 14 years old. Some remind me of my family, some of old unrequited love, one or two remind me of drinking red stripe with a straw and sitting on the hood of older kids cars in Southern New Jersey. But most remind me of the guy I've been in love with all along.

When my boyfriend and I first started dating I was only 18 and he had just turned 21. It was long distance instantly considering I live in Delaware and he's located in North Eastern Pennsylvania. It's about a 7hr trip if you count in the hour long train ride to Philly, the hour of waiting for the Martz bus, and then the three hour bus ride to his actual home. When he went away to tour with his band the summer of 07' he was gone for about two months and I missed him so much I literally thought my head and heart were going to explode. I mean I was used to missing him for weeks at a time, but months? MONTHS? I was going insane. When I told him how I felt he said "listen to the song Talk Tonight by Oasis," which he had sneakingly uploaded onto my ipod before he left. I listened to that song alone in the break room of the Walgreens where I working at the time. Two and a half years later and this song still gives me goosebumps. If he found out I was blogging about this he'd probably off himself, so I'm sorry Matt, I love you!

The other 31 songs are equally as powerful to me, emotionally, physically everything. So to cop out on Becca, what are some of your favorite love ETC or just plain love songs?

2 comments:

Becca said...

i love your list! i swear i'm not intentionally ignoring you, retarded life stuff is consuming my soullllll. you still my number 1 girl.

no winners here said...

you're probably the only human who will ever comment me. my blog has run dry haha I love you don't worry about it, fate will bring us back together.. someday.. or my voodoo craft/ whichever comes first.